Sunday, May 10, 2009

Yesterday's Backyard Harvest

Here's what I collected yesterday from the backyard. I can get used to this gardening thing....


The green stuff is the forever-producing lettuce that I planted months ago. Will they ever stop?? The flowers are squash blossoms whose fate will be to the tune of stuffed, battered and fried (thanks to CC for that idea!). The purple fingerlings are Pakistan Mulberries. The little yellow balls are loquats. And of course, blue eggs from the girls. They pumped out four of 'em in one day!

Hopefully very soon I can treat you to some tomato eye candy.

3 comments:

  1. Yummy!!! I love battered squash flowers. I saw fried squash FoodTV. They looked so good that I picked some off my squash plants last week and fried them. What a treat.

    Enjoy your garden.

    ReplyDelete